Monday 15 February 2016

10 THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU ARE SAD OR DEPRESSED

10 Things To Do When You Are Sad Or Depressed. There was a time or two in my life that I just couldn’t get happy. It was as if every time I had gotten better something else would happen. I wasn’t sure how I was ever going to pull myself out of it. It started with something like a terrible breakup or a family fight and for some reason or another I couldn’t get myself back to happy. Then my father passed away. I truly feel that at that time I was as depressed as they come. It was then that I knew that in order to be happy again I had to start practicing self love. I had to look around me and see that I had infinite happiness around me no matter how bad things were. Yes, there are times that we all get depressed. I realize that. And we should be allowed to feel all emotions. But what can we do to get improve our mood when feeling down? Here are a few examples.
1. Look At Yourself In A Mirror. Take a minute and check yourself out. See that beautiful face of yours? Isn’t it beautiful! Take a deep breath and get back to being you.
2. Listen To Music. I probably do this one the most. Music can change your mood with just one song. It takes you on this journey that is even hard to put into words. Don’t play sappy music tho. Play something fun or something that makes you want to break stuff. Music is good for the soul.
3. Go For A Walk. Get some fresh air. It helps to clear your mind and release negative energies. If possible go somewhere that has water by it or trees. Being around scenic scenery is extremely therapeutic.
4. Write. Jot down your feelings. Write about what’s bothering you and reevaluate the situation. This is helpful especially if you feel as if no one wants to listen or understand.
5. Go By A Friends House. Bottling up your feelings is not healthy. Stop by a close friend of yours and vent. That’s what friends are for right? It seems for me that once I get to my girlfriends house and start on with my issue whether it be that I was sad or angry the problem either isn’t as big as I thought or she knows just what to say to make me feel better. Having great friends is an awesome anti-depressant!
6. Cry. Crying is actually a stress reliever. It removes chemicals that were built up in your body from stress. Crying is a natural way of releasing emotions. You might feel like a crazy person sometimes when you’re in the shower yelling ”WHY!, ( you know like in the movies)” lol but I bet you feel better after! So go ahead.. cry your heart out.
7. Meditate. Mediation helps you to relax. Sitting with your thoughts and feelings helps you cultivate the experience of just being you.  my brother do this when he gets angry or when he is sad. She also does it just to calm himself in general. When we are open with just ourselves it allows us to respond genuinely.
8. Put Yourself In A Happy Place. Think of something that made you smile. It could be a picture your child made for you or a vacation you went on or someones simple loving words they said to you. ( I recently reunited with my mother and I sometimes use that as my happy thought ) Remembering that you have happiness around you helps to forget about the bad stuff. It over weighs it tremendously.
9. Take A Bath. Relax. Throw in some bubbles and be carefree. You’ll feel nice and refreshed after.
10. Get Out Of The House. Go shopping. Go to a movie. Go for a run. Get some fresh air etc. Staying in your house may make you feel trapped inside your depression. What do you do to improve your mood when you are having a bad day? Stop being sad and be your awesome self instead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

If you need Advice/Tips

FOR MORE DATING AND MARRIAGE TIPS AND COUNSELING, CALL OR WHATSAPP, Counselor Josh +2348162629186