Tuesday 19 April 2016

6 THINGS THAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU WHEN YOU ARE SINGLE

Immediately after getting out of a relationship,you may feel like you’re destined for loneliness. Even worse is the sickening thought of being the only single person out there surrounded by happy couples. However, in reality, being single, independent and free of the many stresses that a relationship can bring offers several advantages that outweigh relationship.


Nobody to talk to or go do stuff with on a moment's notice -- of course you still have friends, but it's not the same as having someone who's always nearby. If you're type that like being around people,being single may affect you but you have to be strong. There is no one to call when you are on vacation/at a conference: I really like it you are on a trip, and after dinner, everyone goes back to the hotel room to ‘call home’ and ‘check up on things’, and since your room mates and parents don’t really care how your trip is going, you sit awkwardly, lonely in the room by yourself, trying not to but unavoidably listening in on everyone else’s conversations. Lack of intimacy: One of the disadvantages of not getting married is the lack of physical closeness. And as single women get older, they will have fewer or no intimate partners. You will have to cook, clean, shop, pay the bills and do almost everything by yourself. If you are a single parent, you have an additional responsibility of taking care of the children without help from your spouse. You are less financially secure; if you are injured or lose your job, you will have to lean on friends and family. Getting sick is kind of a drag when there's nobody to care for you. The possibility of long dry spells with no close companionship. Not all of the single people I know are lonely, but almost all of the lonely people I know are single.


If you want kids, you will raise them as a single parent which can be a challenge. The advantages notwithstanding, I firmly believe that some people are better suited to marriage or long-term relationships than others. Nobody should be forced to be single, but being forced by circumstance or social pressure to be in a relationship is just as bad for some people. Having to explain to your family WHY you are single: I always feel like a reject of society whenever people ask me if I have a boyfriend,and I defiantly respond, “NO”. I mean, how else do I respond to that question: “Well, I COULD have a boyfriend, but this guy said he doesn’t like me”, “There is this guy who wants to date me, but he just doesn’t make enough money for my taste”,“I have a defect that I can’t tell you about right now, but whenever I tell guys about that, they run away”. Sometimes, I make up stories of dates I went on, just so they don’t think I sit at my house,lonely and depressed all weekend. Society does not understand that I am NO LESS of a person because I don’t have a significant other.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

If you need Advice/Tips

FOR MORE DATING AND MARRIAGE TIPS AND COUNSELING, CALL OR WHATSAPP, Counselor Josh +2348162629186